Washington Court House City School District is seeking sealed bids for the following:
BID: Power Washing and Sealing of Brick Facilities
Bid to power wash and clean brick and stone surfaces and seal all exterior stone surfaces of facilities
Brick facilities built in 2006-2009 are in need of exterior brick cleaning, tuck pointing, and sealing of stone for preservation.
PROJECT SHALL INCLUDE:
- Power Wash and clean brick and seal all exterior stone surfaces of facilities to include:
- Group A:
- Cherry Hill Primary – 720 Oakland Avenue
- Belle Aire Intermediate – 1120 High Street
- Washington Middle School – 500 S. Elm Street
- Washington High School – 400 S. Elm Street
- Liberty Hall – 400-500 S. Elm Street
- Group B:
- Baseball/Softball Stadiums – 400 S. Elm Street
- Field House at Gardner Park – 100 Circle Avenue
- Home stadium bleacher wall at Football Field at Gardner Park – 100 Circle Avenue
- Gardner Park Concession Buildings – 100 Circle Avenue
All contractors must be present for a pre-bid meeting and facilities tour to be held on January 24, 2022 at 10 A.M. EST. located at 306 Highland Avenue, Washington Court House, Ohio 43160.
BID MUST INCLUDE:
- Cleaning of all stone surfaces, rinsing and spot cleaning brick surfaces as needed and as directed
- Application of sealer/repellant to stone surfaces
- Removal and replacement of unsound mortar in stone belts and sills. Tuckpointing as needed.
- Removal and replacement of sealant joints in all columns of all instructional buildings.
- Scope of work including a listing of all materials to be used
- Names of any subcontractors to be used
- Performance Bond information
- Payment Terms
- Provide at least 2 professional references for similar work preformed
- Warranty of workmanship, product, etc.
- Maintenance plan as recommended for upkeep, by District and by Contractor
- Timeline of work to be performed by location for a firm final completion date of 8/1/2022 for Group A and a substantial completion date of 8/11/2022 for Group B.
- Draft contract for Board of Education review to include a liquated damages clause if work is not completed by the dates listed above. For contracts with a total original amount between $0 and $500,000, damages to be deducted will be $400 per calendar day. Contracts with a total original amount between $500,000-$1,000,000, damages to be deducted will be $600 per calendar day.
- Please detail proposal and cost by specific location, totaled by group, as classified above.
DISTRICT SHALL PROVIDE:
Sealed bids should be mailed or hand-delivered to:
Washington Court House City Schools Board of Education Attn: Becky Mullins, Treasurer/CFO
306 Highland Avenue
Washington Court House, Ohio 43160
All bids shall be received by the Washington Court House City Schools Board of Education, no later than noon on February 7, 2022.
Sealed bids will be date and time stamped as received. The Washington Court House City Schools Board of Education is not responsible for any sealed bids mailed and not received by the deadline.
Bids will be opened on February 7, 2022 at 1:00 pm in the Washington Court House City Schools Board of Education offices at 306 Highland Avenue, Washington Court House, Ohio 43160.
The Board shall approve all contracts resulting from competitive bids prior to being awarded. The Board reserves the right to reject any or all bids. No contracts will be awarded or honored from any company that has outstanding findings for recovery per the Ohio Auditor of State’s office database.
Winning bidders must provide the following prior to the Washington Court House City Schools Board of Education approving any contract resulting from this bid request:
- Insurance Certificate of Coverage naming Washington Court House Board of Education as an additional insured (must be valid for entire length of work performance)
- Current and valid W-9
This bid notice is posted on the Washington Court House City Schools Board of Education website at: www.wchcs.org